As the Nation awaits the celebration of Eid-El-Kabir tomorrow, the Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria call on Muslims to imbibe the lessons of the Festival. The lessons are fulfillment of promise to God and fellow-human-beings, submission to the will of God as demonstrated by Prophet Ibrahim, his wife and his son Ismael and as well as obedience to Parents by young ones and indeed everyone.
To people in Authority, this Festival of Sacrifice teaches them to sacrifice so that those they lead could enjoy good, purposeful and responsible leadership. Leadership in Nigeria for several years back has been feudalistic, corruptible and oppressive with commonwealth of the masses pocketed by few selfish individuals both in the Military and Civilian Governments – the result of which we are facing now in terms of infrastructural decay, unpaid entitlements, economic downturn and suffering of the people in the midst of plenty.
MMWG calls on Leaders of Nigeria to be more transparent and accountable. Those that are owing workers and pensioners should pay-up, while existing employment opportunities be declared so that our jobless youths could be fixed-up in gainful employment.
As for Leaders who surround themselves with corrupt people, they should know that no matter their good character, they can never deliver on peoples’ mandate as bad elements working with them will always subvert their intentions and aspirations – thereby leading to poor performance in the long-run. Therefore they must be careful in choosing those that would work with them.
We pray for acceptance of our sacrifice and prayers by Almighty Allah, protection and return of our loved-ones in Saudi-Arabia who are performing Hajj safely back home ….. Ameen.
Ibrahim Abdullahi, FCIPM
Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria (MMWG)
10th August, 2019 CE / 9th Dhul-Hijja, 1440 AH
- UNILORIN VC seeks upgrade of molecular lab to public health lab
- Naira, Fuel, scarcity take shine off 44th Kaduna International Trade Fair
- I paid ₦1,000 for litre– Oshiomhole laments fuel scarcity, price
- Tems wins Grammy award
- Kwara South Group Drums Support For ADC Reps candidate, Gbenga Power
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai