A prosecution witness has told a Lagos high court how former petroleum minister Diezani Alison-Madueke paid N450 million to former national planning minister Abubakar Sulaiman and Mohammed Belgore, a former governorship candidate in Kwara.
Both men are standing trial for laundering the N450 million.
The money came from $115 million stashed in a bank account, paid in by different individuals and companies according to the directive of the bank director, the witness Timothy Olaobaju, told the court.
Olaobaju, explained that in March 27, 2015, there was instruction from the Alison-Madueke to the bank that the $115m be converted to naira and paid to some beneficiaries including the two defendants Sulaiman and Belgore.
Both men filled receipt of payment forms, which have now been admitted as exhibits in court.
Belgore and Sulaiman were also alleged to have paid the sum of N50 million to one Sheriff Shagaya, without going through the banks.
The case continues tomorrow for cross-examination of the witness.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign