At about 0800hrs, report reaching the Area commander Offa, indicated that, a land dispute between Ijagbo and Offa communities was getting Out of hands, hence a peace meeting was organised by Chairman Oyun Local government Area, having the area commander and other stakeholders in attendance. Violence however erupted while the meeting was still in progress, and sounds of gun fire rented the air. The hoodlums shot at the security agents deployed to maintain peace, in the process two policemen and a Naval rating were injured, and rushed to the hospital for treatment. No civilian casualty recorded, more policemen have been drafted to the crisis area to maintain peace, some suspects have been arrested and are helping the police in investigation.
The Commissioner of Police, Cp Lawan Ado, assures the members of the public of their safety, while advising the citizens of the two communities to embrace peace as anybody arrested for breaking the law and order will be dealt with in accordance to the laws of the land, please.
Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Police Public Relations Officer
For; Commissioner of Police Kwara.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal