At about 0800hrs, report reaching the Area commander Offa, indicated that, a land dispute between Ijagbo and Offa communities was getting Out of hands, hence a peace meeting was organised by Chairman Oyun Local government Area, having the area commander and other stakeholders in attendance. Violence however erupted while the meeting was still in progress, and sounds of gun fire rented the air. The hoodlums shot at the security agents deployed to maintain peace, in the process two policemen and a Naval rating were injured, and rushed to the hospital for treatment. No civilian casualty recorded, more policemen have been drafted to the crisis area to maintain peace, some suspects have been arrested and are helping the police in investigation.
The Commissioner of Police, Cp Lawan Ado, assures the members of the public of their safety, while advising the citizens of the two communities to embrace peace as anybody arrested for breaking the law and order will be dealt with in accordance to the laws of the land, please.
Dsp Okasanmi Ajayi
Police Public Relations Officer
For; Commissioner of Police Kwara.
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter