The Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Gubernatorial Campaign Organization has received information on a concocted report circulating in the social
media in respect of structural arrangements in the Ilorin Emirate Traditional Council. The interview is a mere fallacy and the views of an individual.
We respect the rights of individuals to ventilate their views, opinions and political preferences. We however strongly deny that the views expressed in the above instance represent the position of our
party, the APC, or its Gubernatorial Candidate. The interview, in its entity, does not reflect the vision or the policy thrust of the party.
In fact, the interviewee, Sheikh Abdulrahim Aduragba, is neither a card-carrying member of the Kwara APC nor sponsored to herald the
agenda of the governorship hopeful. Our flag bearer is a bona fide indigene of Ilorin Emirate who is well grounded in the tradition and culture of the people.
The tradition of the people of the Ilorin Emirate is well documented and unambiguous and cannot be contested by anybody. We hereby recall the historical roles played by the patriarch of the Abdulrazaq family, Lawyer A.G.F. Abdulrazaq, SAN, in ensuring that Ilorin emirate holds its pre-eminent position in Northern region.
Every student of history understands the role Alhaji A.G.F. Abdulrazaq played in 1955 to convince the Willink Commission that Ilorin belonged
to the Northern region. This eventually earned him the highly respected chieftaincy title of Mutawalen of Ilorin making him one of the trusted hands of the emir of Ilorin during the reign of the late 9th Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji (Dr.) Zulukanaini Muhammadu Gambari, CFR.
We therefore find it ludicrous that anyone will seek to manipulate or change the history and culture of the people of Ilorin, given the unambiguous history and its relevance to the current traditional
We urge all Kwarans to discountenance the content of the said interview as part of the antics of drowning and frustrated politicians on their way out of reckoning.
For: ABDULRAZAQ GUBERNATORIAL CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory