As Christians the world over celebrates Easter, the Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Dr. Ali Ahmad has enjoined them to internalise the lessons learnt during the Lent period by ensuring it impacted on their daily lives.
The Speaker in his Easter message to Christians issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Shuaib Abdulkadir further challenged them to use the season to offer prayers for sustenance of peace and harmonious relationship between the various religious and ethnic groups in the country.
Ahmad who noted that the fasting period has not only purified their bodies and souls but also improved them mentally and spiritually encouraged them to do away with activities that could further draw them back to sin against God.
He said that it is imperative they imbibe the teachings by striving to always emulate the virtues as well as various qualities with which Jesus Christ stood for.
According to Biblical injunctions, “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day.” According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.”
“It is therefore sacrosanct to ensure that Christ did not die in vain by upholding the tenets of Christianity and continue to serve as examples to the world”, he added.
The Speaker, however admonished Nigerians against utterances that could jeopardise the existing peace and harmony in the country.
- (See Pictures) Court sends 20 internet fraudsters to jail in Oyo
- Gbenga Power rejoices with Nigerians on 63rd Independence celebrations
- CJN to inaugurate 23 Federal High Court Judges Oct 4.
- US Court Orders Release of Tinubu’s Academic Records in 48 hrs
- Kwara Proposes N239bn Revised Budget To Assembly
- Gamji Association Tasks Youths To Emulate Virtues Of Founding Fathers
- Fagbemi dissociates FG from N50bn plea bargain with Emefiele
- Nigeria @63: Peaceful co-existence is germane for nat’l growth— Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Nigeria @63: Tinubu approves new minimum wage for FG workers
- (PHOTOS) Three Internet Fraudsters Bag Jail Terms In Benin