- I started as a Mogaji and I was moving step by step before I assumed the throne after 40 years. Therefore, they should also wait for their turns.
- Those who were crowned a few weeks ago know within themselves that they are wearing fake crowns, it is just a carton crown.
- I was called by the elders of my family to come and become a Mogaji more than 40 years ago. I rejected it and for three years, they were persuading me because it has been destined that I will one day become Olubadan.
- After long waiting and trusting in God, he made me a king at last.
- If you don’t wait for your turn, you will be on the wrong side of destiny.
- The statement by some Ibadan elders that I consented to Governor Ajimobi’s moves is untrue and unfounded
- My opposition to the elevation of high chiefs to kingship status without domain remained the same.
- I can’t bless high chiefs who had refused to wait for their turn before stepping forward to take crowns from the government, contrary to our tradition and custom.
- The same Ibadan Elders’ Forum stoutly opposed the former Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala’s move to elevate six baales in their letter dated April 24, 2009. On page two of that letter titled, ‘The composition of Oyo State Council of Obas and Chiefs’, signed by Ambassador Olu Sanu and Onaolapo Ajibola, they stated, The (Ibadan Chieftaincy) system had worked for ages and ensured peace and stability in Ibadan land and the forum would therefore not want the government to tamper with the system in order not to create confusion and ill feeling.
- Let all Ibadan elders stop contradicting themselves and creating confusion for peace and progress of Ibadan land.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo