Alege made the submission on Thursday in Ilorin during a press conference held with newsmen at the Ministry on the alleged mysterious disease in Oro-Ago, Ifelodun local government area of the state.
ROYAL NEWS reports that recently there has been alleged cases of death from a mysterious disease plaguing its victim who defecate black substance and vomit blood before death.
The Commissioner who debunked the rumour said: “on the alleged mysterious disease in Kwara State, the ministry wants to make position of Kwara State government on the unknown disease within the environs.
“The ministry sees it as a rumour because we deployed a response team comprising of epidemiologist, directors of public health and disease surveillance response team,” he said.
Alege explained that the state has the best response team in the country, who are on alert to monitor any disease outbreak at ward, community and local government level.
According to him, at the onset of the rumour, the experts at the ministry together with teams from World Health Organization (WHO) visited Oro-Ago, where they met with elders and community leaders.
However they denied any such mysterious diseases affecting Fulani population in the area.
The Commissioner also said the response team have taken sample from some sick people in Abanisi and ECWA hospital at the community, adding that there is no confirmed mortality that they have come across.
He stated that the only disease confirmed in the community were yellow fever, diarrhea and malaria.
“The Governor has directed the major General hospitals across the state to be on standby in case of any unforeseen occurrence,” he said.
Alege further explains that the result of the sample earlier derived from the community was initially expected to arrive on Thursday, 17th of August but is delayed.
He said the government would communicate the result as soon as they get it, adding that there is no need for panic.
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt