Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has challenged higher institutions of learning to place more emphasis on entrepreneurship education with a view to making students gainfully engaged after graduation.
According to Dr Ahmed, while receiving the Governing Board of the University of llorin, led by its Chairman, Dr Abdullahi Oyekan, who paid him a courtesy call at the Government House, Ilorin, “It is important that Universities across the country place more emphasis on entrepreneurship education in order to prepare students for life after school.
“Students should have a paradigm shift in their orientation of searching for white collar job that is now fading away. They should learn how to stand on their own and be job creators”.
Ahmed stressed the need for Universities across the country to strengthen the concept of career guide for students, saying that it would go a long way in guiding students on how to be self-reliant after University education.
“There are serious knowledge gap among students on career guide, because there are students with good grades without idea of what to do after school”, the governor said.
The governor praised Management and Staff of University of Ilorin for maintaining a stable academic calendar, advising the institution to maintain the sense of discipline it is known for.
The Chairman of the Governing Council, University of Ilorin, Dr Abdullahi Oyekan commended the governor on his determination to create a sustainable economic future for the youth.
He particularly thanked Governor Ahmed for his government’s intervention on the road that lead to the University by making it motorable.
Dr Oyekan also assured the governor on the University support at all times in keeping faith with its town and gown programme
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi