The Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly, Rita Maduagwu, was om Tuesday impeached following financial impropriety, gross misconduct and sundry allegations.
She was impeached by 20 out of the 30 members of the House .
The motion to impeach her was moved by Ikem Uzozie, representing Aguata II constituency. He was seconded by Onyebuchi Offor(Ekwusigo constituency)
Ikem Uzozie was appointed the new speaker of the house.
- BREAKING…. Electricity employees suspend strike action
- BREAKING…. At last, Kwara governor picks new date to swear-in commissioners
- FG urged to set up unemployment fund
- Senate seeks 20% from budget to fund constituency projects
- Senate probes PPPRA over N800bn roads maintenance fund
- Senate moves against illegal influx of foreign vessels
- Buhari, Sanwo-Olu, Marwa bemoan prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria
- Aisha Buhari fires Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu (FULL STATEMENT)
- Senate probes N20trn unremitted stamp duties from banks, others
- Senate escapes cracks, drops Confidence Vote on Lawan