The Speaker of the Anambra State House of Assembly, Rita Maduagwu, was om Tuesday impeached following financial impropriety, gross misconduct and sundry allegations.
She was impeached by 20 out of the 30 members of the House .
The motion to impeach her was moved by Ikem Uzozie, representing Aguata II constituency. He was seconded by Onyebuchi Offor(Ekwusigo constituency)
Ikem Uzozie was appointed the new speaker of the house.
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus