The Magistrate, Mrs A.O. Akande, who gave the ruling, said the accused should remain behind bars pending advice from the State Directorate of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
She directed that the case file should be duplicated and a copy sent to the DPP .
The accused is facing a three-count charge of unlawful entering, stealing and armed robbery, according to the Police Prosecutor, Sgt. Femi Omilana, the accused entered the house of Mr Sikiru Adewuyi on Aug. 10 at noon and stole valuables such as boxers, singlets valued at N85,000.
He alleged that the accused had on Sept. 25 returned to the house, armed with a cutlass and a toy gun and attacked the security guard in the house before robbing the occupants of cash and phones.
The offences contravened Section 2 (b) of the Robbery and Firearms ( Special Provisions) Act, Laws of the Federation 2004 as well as Sections 383, 390 (9) and 411 (1) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Oyo State 2000.
The case has been adjourned until Nov.12 for mention.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal