By Nanmwa Golok,Jos
Member representing Jos North/Bassa Federal constituency, Hon. Suleiman Kwande at the weekend bagged an award as the Icon of Youth Empowerment and Grassroot development Northern Nigeria by a group Global Alliance of Northern Nigeria Youth (GANNY) .
Our correspondent reports that the lawmaker was recognised for his youth empowerment initiatives and his efforts at boosting education in his constituency .
Speaking while presenting the award to him at his constituency office in Jos President General of the group Comrade Solomon Pevkyya ,said the lawmaker has done well in empowering youths in the country providing dividend of democracy to his people as well as boost education in his constituency .
According to the group, “After a careful assessment of the laudable achievements of the lawmaker we conferred on him this award and we believe that the award will spur him to do more for the people of his constituency ,Plateau and the country at large .
Speaking while receiving the award ,Hon Kwande vowed to continue to do more for the people of the state and country in general .
He called on youths of the state to continue to support the APC led administration at all times .
Kwande also hailed the people of Plateau for the peaceful Eid Kabir celebration and called on citizens of the state to continue to stay peacefully with one another .
Facebook Comments Box
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter