A member of the House of Representatives who represents Kachia/Kagarko federal constituency, Adams Jagaba, has formally defected from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
The Kaduna lawmaker in a letter read on the floor of the House by the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, cited injustice and continued suspension from the APC as his reason for defecting to the PDP.
It was gathered that Mr. Jagaba had dumped the APC after the party announced his suspension. He also described the APC as a sinking ship.
Mr. Jagaba is the first defector in recent times that has favoured the PDP in the House of Representatives. All others have mostly defected to the APC.
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears