Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has warned that may lose out in national polity unless they apply tact and political wisdom.
Okorocha, who recalled the fate of the Ndigbo since after the civil war, lamented that they were about making similar mistakes that put Ndigbo in a disadvantaged position in the Nigerian project.
The governor said: “The saying that there was no victor and no vanquished after the civil war is just a mere way to create unity for the country, otherwise the Igbo were the vanquished. Ever since, the Igbo has fared like the defeated but the most painful aspect is that Ndigbo are about to lose again.”
Okorocha alleged that the recent political upheavals in his state were sponsored by forces outside the state, using politicians from the state to pull him down ahead 2023.
He stated that the calculation was that if he “is allowed to continue gathering momentum he will give a good fight for the Igbo Presidency”, warning that Ndigbo will be at the losing end with him politically alienated.
Okorocha said: “There is more to the noise you are hearing about the governorship election in Imo, it is not about Uche Nwosu, it is a plot to stop Okorocha by all means, otherwise why will Adams Oshiomhole and Rotimi Amaechi be interested in who governs Imo.
“The calculation is that if Uche Nwosu becomes governor and I go to Senate, I will be a strong force by 2023. The most annoying fact is that they are using our people to pursue that agenda.”
Explaining why he is contesting, the governor said: “I want to go to Senate to remain politically relevant until 2023 and also to represent Ndigbo and the Nigerian masses.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide