Facts have emerged on factors responsible for the withdrawal of counsels to the suspected armed robbers in the recent Offa bank robberies attack withdrew from the matter.
In an interview with ROYAL NEWS on Wednesday, a member of the legal team, Barrister Abdulrasheed Lawal, who reflected the position of his boss, Abdulwahab Bamidele Esq, said: “What actually happened was that when the case was brought to us, we never had full knowledge of the matter but to be sincere, the very day the attack was carried out, I felt bad.
see pictures below:
“However, knowing fully well that the case has to do with massive killings and robbery incidence with high public interest, it is blood that is running in my veins too.”
He however maintained that, “Understanding these facts, we have decided to withdraw our services in this matter and the magistrate has granted our letter.”
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn
- Kano Assembly finally passes bill of new emirates creation into law
- SAD…Obasanjo’s Ex-Special Adviser on women affairs dies at 73