Grace Mugabe, wife of Zimbabwe dictator, Robert Mugabe has warned oppositions to stop wishing her husband death because even if he dies, his corpse will contest for Presidency.
Grace Mugabe, the first lady of Zimbabwe and wife of 92 year old dictator Robert Mugabe, has said her husband won’t be leaving power anytime soon.
According to The Guardian, Grace Mugabe accused some ruling Zanu-PF party officials of plotting to take over from her husband and said that if he dies supporters should put his name on the ballot to show their love for him.
Grace told thousands of supporters at a rally in Buhera, eastern Zimbabwe that her husband is beloved by many who will vote for him even in death.
Grace who spoke in Shona, a native language reportedly said: “If Mugabe dies, we will field his corpse as a candidate for elections to prove that people love him.”
A media house in Zimbabwe later tweeted the first lady speech for those who aren’t fortunate enough to be present at the rally.
Grace Mugabe warned associates of her husband from the era of the guerrilla war against white rule that they were also too old to take power.
Robert Mugabe became the prime minister of Zimbabwe in 1980 and became the president in 1987. He has ruled the country since then and would be 93 years next week.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal