Former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Attahiru Jega has said that a rotational presidency cannot solve the country’s problems.
In an interview on Arise TV programme on Monday August 16, the former INEC Chairman stated that what the country needs is a “the best person with competence, capacity, experience.”
“The way Nigeria is now, we need the best person with competence, capacity, experience to be the president to get this country out of the challenges we have presently.
“That person can come from the north, south, east or the west, but the important thing is that even if political parties decide that a candidate should come from a particular area, what we need to do is that Nigerians must interrogate the capacity of that person to lead this country appropriately.
“This idea of rotational presidency cannot take us out of the challenges we have in this country, presently.”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92