The mood of the Royal Family has “shifted significantly” and they have “united in prayers” as Prince Philip continues his fight against an infection in the hospital.
Fears grew for the 99-year-old, with medical experts warning he could spend up to six weeks in hospital while seeking treatment for an underlying condition.
The Duke of Edinburgh was moved from the private King Edward VII hospital in central London to St Bartholomew’s, near St Paul’s Cathedral this morning, March 2.
The prince, surrounded by umbrellas to block the view of passers-by, was transferred away from the hospital with a police escort earlier today, writes The Mirror.
A royal source said: “The staff and all the Royal Family are united in their prayers for the Duke.
“There has been an almighty and collective effort to keep him and the Queen safe during the coronavirus crisis over the past 11 months but there was a significant shift in the mood when everyone started finding out the Duke wasn’t coming home any time soon.
“Everyone’s thoughts are now firmly centred on him pulling through this illness.”
Buckingham Palace said: “The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.”
Medical experts claimed the Duke could spend “four to six weeks” in hospital and given intravenous antibiotics if he has a heart infection.
NHS cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra said: “It’s more likely he had an infection elsewhere.
“It could’ve been in the urinary tract or a chest infection and the stress on his body put strain on his heart.
“Therefore he had to be taken to a specialist cardiac centre to make sure heart is functioning while he is treated for the infection. What makes it more likely is his underlying heart issues.
“This is all speculation and it’s difficult to draw conclusions with the limited information.
“He’s far healthier than the average person of his age and is clearly a very robust and resilient man.
“I wish him very well and hope he gets better soon.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation