Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has congratulated the Super Eagles for qualifying for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The governor in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Abdulwahab Oba, on Sunday in Ilorin, said the Super Eagles’ qualification has once more demonstrated the nation’s strength in football, which made Nigeria the first African country to qualify for the FIFA mundial in Russia.
The Super Eagles qualified for its 6th World Cup appearance with a match to spare after beating Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on Saturday.
Governor Ahmed commended the players for their doggedness and determination to fly Nigeria’s flag at the Mundial.
Dr Ahmed called for immediate commencement of preparations “so that Nigeria won’t just make up the number at the biggest football fiesta but further make Africa proud”.
Governor Ahmed promised to further make the state enabling for sports development by ensuring that the State’s indoor sports hall is renovated to world standard before the end of his tenure and urged the Federal Government to monitor strictly the team’s preparation for the World Cup because of unity sports generally bring to Nigerians.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7