Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed, has congratulated the Super Eagles for qualifying for the Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
The governor in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Abdulwahab Oba, on Sunday in Ilorin, said the Super Eagles’ qualification has once more demonstrated the nation’s strength in football, which made Nigeria the first African country to qualify for the FIFA mundial in Russia.
The Super Eagles qualified for its 6th World Cup appearance with a match to spare after beating Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on Saturday.
Governor Ahmed commended the players for their doggedness and determination to fly Nigeria’s flag at the Mundial.
Dr Ahmed called for immediate commencement of preparations “so that Nigeria won’t just make up the number at the biggest football fiesta but further make Africa proud”.
Governor Ahmed promised to further make the state enabling for sports development by ensuring that the State’s indoor sports hall is renovated to world standard before the end of his tenure and urged the Federal Government to monitor strictly the team’s preparation for the World Cup because of unity sports generally bring to Nigerians.
Facebook Comments Box
- Kwara Gov directs distribution of 20,000 50kg bags of maize*
- Meet Prince Fahad Okechukwu Emetumah, a Lawyer turned Musician
- Only security can guarantee peace, economic growth –Minister
- UNSCR 2250: FG, groups seek support for lasting peace among youths
- FG, Foreign Football Agents, Others Partner Obasa Cup
- Senators donate N1m each to victims of Kaduna drone misfire
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector