Addressing newsmen at the end of a meeting with presidential aspirants from the zone on Friday night in Lagos, Akande, however, urged party stalwarts and aspirants “to talk to themselves and the public with absolute decorum”.
According to the former governor of Osun, the South west APC leaders are united and will work to ensure that the 2023 presidency comes to the South-west.
“We also resolved that everybody should maintain absolute decorum because we are united,” Akande said.
The meeting was convened by Akande and Chief Olusegun Osoba, a former Ogun governor.
Those present at the meeting included Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Sen. Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State, Sen. Ibikunle Amosun and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila.
The governors of Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti Messes Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Gboyega Oyetola, Dapo Abiodun, Rotimi Akeredolu and Kayode Fayemi were also present.
Also present at the meeting were the Ministers of Works and Housing, Trade and Industry and Investment, and Interior, Messrs Babatunde Fashola, Adeniyi Adebayo and Alhaji Rauf Aregbesola respectively.
Other APC leaders at the meeting were Otunba Gbenga Daniel, former governor of Ogun; Chief Iyiola Omisore, the APC National Secretary; Otunba Moses Adeyemo, former Deputy Governor of Oyo State and Chief Pius Akinyelure, former National Vice Chairman of APC, South-West Zone among others.
NAN recalls that APC had announced May 30 to June 1 as dates for its presidential primarie.
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people
- Kwara Govt approves scholarship for Law students
- Bernard Arnault overtakes Elon Musk, emerges world’s richest
- Fuel Scarcity: Give us petrol at official ex-depot price, lPMAN tasks NNPC
- We have no hands in appointment of VCs– NUC
- World Cup quarter-finals: Morocco vs. Portugal on Saturday
- Adamawa establishes 5 sexual referral centres – Official
- Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelenskyy named Time’s 2022 Person of the Year