South African President, Jacob Zuma, was on Friday evening conferred with a chieftaincy title in Owerri, Imo State.
Zuma was given the traditional title of “Ochiagha Imo” by Eze Imo, HRH Samuel Ohiri.
The chieftaincy title certificate was presented to him by former President of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.
The conferment of chieftaincy title on the South African president is part of the activities scheduled for his two-day visit to the country, following a State visit to Zambia.
Governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha revealed earlier that Zuma would also be signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Rochas Okorocha Foundation and Zuma Foundation during the visit.
Also, the South African president would be expected to assess the planned over 20,000-hectare, Egbema Industrial Park estimated to cost over N2 billion and the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal