A 37-year-old mother who was just delivered of new baby has died of COVID-19 at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
This is coming a few hours after the Lagos Commissioner of Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, had announced the COVID-19-related death of an individual at a private hospital in Lagos earlier on Saturday.
A reliable source at LASUTH said the patient was delivered of her baby at the Lagos State Government-owned Alimosho General Hospital.
The source narrated that the woman had developed infections in the course of the childbirth, and was subsequently brought to LASUTH, also state-owned, where she was placed on admission for medical treatment.
The reliable source confirmed to PUNCH HealthWise that the late patient’s result confirmed her COVID-19 status after she had passed on.
The source, who preferred anonymity, said, “The result came out after she had died, but we had suspected after she came in. So, every precaution was taken by all the workers who attended to her.”
- Gunmen kill DPO in Benue
- World Hijab Day: FOMWAN hails female Muslims for upholding Allah’s command
- JAMB apprehends 6 CBT operators in Kano State
- Kwara govt gives transformers to 11 communities
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari