SAD….. 63yr-old Commissioner dies in Sokoto
The Commissioner for Lands and Housing in Sokoto State, Surajo Gatawa, has been confirmed dead. He was aged 63.
A statement issued by Muhammad Bello, Special Adviser Media and Publicity, to Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal confirmed the death on Sunday
“Marafa Gatawa died after a brief illness. He was a Councillor in Sabon Birni Local Government Area between 1988-1989 and became the Chairman of the same local government area from 1991-1993.
“Between 1999-2007, he was a member of the House of Representatives representing Isa/Sabon Birni federal constituency.
‘’The deceased was during Tambuwal’s first tenure, the Commissioner of Social Welfare after which he was moved to the position he held until his death”, he said.
- Late Gatawa, who had since been buried according to Islamic rites, was survived by three wives and many children.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Ex-Nigerian Minister, Kola Jamodu installed as Asiwaju of Ere Kingdom (PHOTOS)
- IEYDA applauds Police, Army, others over peaceful conduct of polls
- How FG punished me for going to court over naira policy – Gov Matawalle
- Nigeria’s total public debt stock hits N46.25trn in Q4 2022 – NBS
- Asari Dokubo leads solidarity walk for President-Elect Tinubu in Rivers State
- MC Oluomo bans illegal Agbero taxes in part of Lagos
- Justice AbdulMuttalib Ambali’s demise, great loss to humanity Emir Sulu-Gambari
- TRIBUTE TO LATE HON. JUSTICE MUTALLIB AHMAD AMBALI OFR
- UNILORIN don, Prof. Aishatu Gobir gets new appointment, group reacts
- Ikpeazu sacks all Special Advisers, Aides