Eight persons have been gruesomely killed in a fresh attack on Yansakai village in Bungudu Local Government Area of Zamfara State.
It was reported that Yansakai village is about 20 kilometres from the local government office.
The bandits, according to an eye witness, Isa Danbuzu Maigoro, invaded the village about 2 a.m. last Sunday on motorcycles and opened fire on the residents, killing eight persons and injuring several others.
Isa further explained that the bandits were in the village on a cattle-rustling mission as they carted away several cattle after killing those who stood in their way.
“They carted away several cows and continued to shoot in the air to scare those who wanted to stop them from moving with the rustled animals,” said Isa.
Isa said the eight persons killed have so far been buried while the injured have been admitted at the Federal Medical Centre Gusau.
Confirming the incident, the state Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Abubakar Dauran, blamed the residents of Yansakai village for the security breach.
“We must blame Yansakai (people) because they are taking laws into their hands by attacking some Fulani people despite all peace agreement between the repentant Fulani bandits and the state government,” said Dauran.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal