An Ibadan elder and prominent Nigerian has been reported dead. He is Chief Theophilus Akinyele,
The chief, aged 88, was said to have died in Lagos on Monday.
Akinyele, who was born in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on February 29, 1932, was Permanent Secretary, Ministries of Agriculture and Finance in the old Western State of Nigeria.
He was Registrar and Secretary of Council, the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife, and Secretary to the Military Government in Oyo State.
The chief rose to the position of Head of the Civil Service of Oyo State and also served as Director of Budget and Special Adviser on Budget Affairs to President Shehu Shagari between 1979 and 1983.
Having retired from the public service, Akinyele worked as a consultant for several years.
He was the Bobajiro of Ibadanland and an Officer of the Order of the Niger.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections