An Ibadan elder and prominent Nigerian has been reported dead. He is Chief Theophilus Akinyele,
The chief, aged 88, was said to have died in Lagos on Monday.
Akinyele, who was born in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on February 29, 1932, was Permanent Secretary, Ministries of Agriculture and Finance in the old Western State of Nigeria.
He was Registrar and Secretary of Council, the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife, and Secretary to the Military Government in Oyo State.
The chief rose to the position of Head of the Civil Service of Oyo State and also served as Director of Budget and Special Adviser on Budget Affairs to President Shehu Shagari between 1979 and 1983.
Having retired from the public service, Akinyele worked as a consultant for several years.
He was the Bobajiro of Ibadanland and an Officer of the Order of the Niger.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends