Germany’s Finance Minister, Thomas Schaefer, has reportedly committed suicide following the outrageous state of the economy occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic globally.
This was revealed by the state premier, Volker Bouffier, on Sunday.
He was aged 54. Tbe deceased was found dead near a railway track on Saturday. The Wiesbaden prosecution’s office said they believe he died by suicide.
“We are in shock, we are in disbelief and above all, we are immensely sad,” Bouffier said in a recorded statement.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules