The Wali of Tsaragi and Poprietor of
Markazul Rahmatullahi Litahafizul Quran, Ilorin, Dr Muhammed Ndakoji Haruna, is dead.
A statement by family of the deceased revealed that he died yesterday adding that the janaza prayer will hold by 4pm today at Markaz Rahmatullahi Litahafizul Qur’an, Tanke-Ilorin.
Aged 68, the deceased hails from Tsaragi in Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State and rose through rungs of the ladder in public service.
A graduate of Veterinary Medicine from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, he began his education at the Native Authority School, Share and later proceeded to the then Ilorin Provisional Secondary School now GSS Ilorin.
Dr Muhammed Haruna served as Commissioner for Works and that of Commerce and Cooperative at various times and was also the State Director of the defunct Directorate of Food, Road and Rural Infrastructure, DFRII during the General Babangida regime.
He was also the Director of Parastatals at the Presidency, Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation where he retired from active service in 2013.
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely
- Ibadan records another protest over scarcity of fuel, new naira notes
- Peter Obi arrives Kwara for Presidential Campaign rally (photos)
- 13 parties vow to withdraw from election if new naira deadline extends