The fourth Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Adeoye Adeniyi, is dead. He was aged 95.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the renowned Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health died in Ibadan last Thursday.
Prof. Adeniyi, who was Vice-Chancellor between 1985 and 1992, was reputed to be the University’s longest serving Vice- Chancellor.
The late University administrator, who hailed from Ogah, Kogi State, was the first Inaugural Lecturer of the then Faculty of Health Sciences (now Clinical Sciences), University of Ilorin, and the 4th Inaugural Lecturer of the University.
He delivered his Inaugural Lecture, entitled “Child Care in Nigeria: A Critical Appraisal of Some Modern and Traditional Concepts” on May19, 1980.
The late Prof. Adeniyi was survived by children and grandchildren. The burial rite of the late Professor Emeritus will be announced later.
- KAM Holding boss donates N20million to prevent COVID-19 in Kwara
- PHOTO NEWS: How Late Galadiman Patigi, Dr. Alfa Saadu was buried in London
- Coronavirus Update: Nigeria’s cases increase to 184
- Lagos discharges 11 additional coronavirus patients
- COVID-19: TUYIL hails Kwara govt, donates N10million
- BREAKING….. KWARA BEGINS FUMIGATION OF MARKETS TONIGHT 7-11pm
- COVID-19: Germany Chancellor donates €5.5m to Nigerians
- Ogun governor assures of equality in palliatives distribution
- Saudi Arabia govt imposes 24hrs in Makkah, Madina cities
- Coronavirus infection kills Philippines envoy
News3 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education5 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen