A statement issued by the command Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah and obtained by Solacebase said the incident occurred around 11.30 am on Saturday.
“About 11:30hrs, DPO Malumfashi reported that a loud sound was heard inside the farm of one Alhaji Hussaini Mai Kwai. On receipt of the information, the DPO led Operation Puff Adder to the scene where there was a suspected case of a Bomb explosion which killed five young children of one person, by name Alhaji Adamu of Yammawa village, Malumfashi LGA of Katsina state.”
It said the explosion also injured six (6) other children who were sitting under the tree inside the farm and the children were said to be there to cut grasses for animals’ feed.
The statement said the injured children have been evacuated to Malumfashi General Hospital for treatment. According to the statement, investigation is ongoing as detectives from EOD and CID are presently conducting their probe
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement
- New Naira Notes: Police begins patrol of banks in Kwara
- Naira redesign: Customers urge CBN to sanction banks not paying N20,000 over the counter
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN laments inability to source products
- Gov. Akeredolu swears in new chief judge, 4 high court judges
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note