An insider source in the commission said Ajayi died early hours on Saturday while returning from Kwara state where he went for a relation’s wedding on the highway leading to Agbor approaching Asaba the Delta State capital.
At the command’s headquarters in Awka, Anambra State capital the FRSC flag was lowered.
Our correspondent gathered that Ajayi’s last outing was a lecture he delivered journalists on ember month campaign against speeding.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, Ufiem Egim declined comment on the matter.
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies
- Commissioner kidnapped in Benue
- Oluwo condems burning of Aree palace, vows to go after perpetrators
- I may not use Nigerian hospitals if elected president – Atiku