The Olufon of Ifon in Ose local government area of Ondo state, Isreal Adeusi,has been shot dead.
The first class traditional ruler was returning to Ifon from Akure after a meeting, Thursday, Nov 26, when he ran into a barricade set up by the kidnappers along Elegbeka area.
It was gathered that his driver attempted to manoeuvre his way to avoid the kidnappers but they shot at his vehicle.
Oba Adewusi was said to have been hit by bullets and was rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, where he was confirmed dead.
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu rushed to the hospital after he was informed of the incident.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people