The body of a Lebanese who was kidnapped in Kano has been found by the State Police Command on Friday.
It was gathered that the victim, an expatriate engineer with Triacta Construction Company, was kidnapped while working at a construction site in Kano State three days ago and his driver was shot dead during the incident.
Further checks revealed that he was picked while working on the underpass bridge at Dengi Roundabout by Zoo Road when he was on Tuesday at about 7:00am.
However, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, told journalists that that the body of the Lebanese, which was found under the Zaria Road Bridge, has since been deposited at the Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital, Kano.
According to Haruna, investigation has commenced to unravel how he was abducted and killed, adding that his immediate family members have been contacted, while arrangements are ongoing to convey his body to his home country for burial.
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment