Mrs. Diekolola Osa-Avielele, daugther of the former governor of Kwara state, Chief Cornelius Adebayo, is dead.
Adebayo was governor of Kwara state in the second republic and later became the Minister for Communications.
Meanwhile, Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq has commiserated with the family of former Governor Cornelius Adebayo over the loss.
According to him, “The Governor shares in the pain and quiet moment of His Excellency the former Governor and his family over the loss of his darling daughter. On behalf of his family, government and people of Kwara State, the Governor commiserates with the Adebayos and urges them to take solace in the Good Lord at this time and always.”
The governor’s condolence message was signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, on Sunday.
He said: “The Governor prays the Almighty to grant Diekola eternal rest and give the family the fortitude to bear the loss.”
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy
- Nigeria is not broke, says finance minister
- Aree of Ogele felicitates with Sulu-Gambari on SAN attainment
- 2023: INEC, NUJ collaborate on election, conflict-sensitive reporting
- Senate President cautions against Vote-trading in 2023 poll
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign