By Golok Nanmwa, Jos
There was pandemonium in Tuesday when a newly ordained pastor of the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) of Toro District Church Council, Rev. Isah Nanaf, was assassinated in Toro village near Jos.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the late cleric was said to have been shot severally at close range by a gunman. The suspect whose name has not been disclosed has been arrested by the police in Toro village.
The public relations officers of ECWA headquarters Jos, Rev. Romanus Ebenwokodi who disclosed the assassination to newsmen in his office on Tuesday said the remains of the slammed pastor has been deposited at the morgue of Bingham University Teaching Hospital (BUTH)
Ebenwokodi said: “The entire ECWA community received with shock the assassination of one of our pastor in Toro, Bauchi state last Sunday evening.
“The assassinated pastor was few days ago was shot severally at his neck, heart, stomach and at the pelvis by the gunman.
“The late Nanaf was standing by the road side near the ECWA DCC Toro waiting to board a vehicle when the gunman who was standing across the road moved closed to him and shot him at a very close range.
“Those who rushed Rev Nanaf to the hospital after the attack said he died on their way to the hospital due to excessive loss of blood. The hospital co firmed there was an internal bleeding.”
He further that, “The police that arrested the suspected gunman is yet to tell the church what led to the attack, the police has been unnecessarily quite since the incidence, but we hope they will do justice to this innocent man”
“The late pastor was killed in cold blood at a time his wife Mrs. Rafinda Isah is pregnant with their sixth child, it has been difficult for the wife and children to bear this sudden death of their bread winner.
“This kind of assassination has not happened to us as a church in recent time, the church is hereby demanding for justice for the Pastor, the church and the family of the deceased.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal