A popularly TV artist with the Nigerian Television Authority, Usman Baba, popularly called Samanja, has lost his 43 year old wife, Hajiya Maryam Usman Baba.
Reports revealed that she died on Wednesday at the Barau Diko Specialist Hospital, Kaduna.
Abubakar Usman, one of Samanja’s sons who confirmed her death to our correspondent said she has been battling with diabetes and high blood pressure for over a year.
According to him, “She was on admission at the Barau Dikko Hospital for over three weeks before her demise on Wednesday at 3.30pm.”
She is survived by her husband, her father and her elder sister.
She has since been buried at the Kabala Doki Muslim cemetery according to Muslim rites.
Samanja became a household name playing the dutiful, witty and one of the most iconic characters in the history of drama on Nigerian television “Sergeant-Major” in the long rested Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) drama series “Samanja,” which ran for decades on national television.
Facebook Comments Box
- Why there is hunger, poverty in Bauchi State— Ex-CAS, Sadique
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG