A former national president of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Mr. Bonnie Iwouha, is dead.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that Iwouha died at his country home, Umuahia, Abia State on Monday evening.
According to a statement issued by the National President of the union, Chris Izsguzo, “A Preacher and Minister of the Gospel, Mr Iwouha served as National President of the Union from 1996-1997.
“He was a former Managing Editor/Head of Editorial Department, Daily Times of Nigeria, 1991-93, Media Adviser to the Governor of Abia State and Abia State Commissioner of Information.”
He added that, “A very committed member of the NUJ, Mr Iwouha had been very passionate about the Union and journalism and he dedicated his time and energy towards building a better Union and enhancing the practice of the profession.
“In 2003, he participated as member of the NUJ National Registration Council together with the late Prince Tony Momoh and others, to produce the first ever Compendium of Journalists in Nigeria”.
Isiguzo however directed all the 36 State Councils and the FCT to open Condolence Registers in the name of the deceased leader while a 3days mourning period has been declared by the Union from Tuesday, December 28 to Thursday, December 30, 2021.
“We extend our condolences to his immediate family and to the journalism fraternity and pray that God Almighty will ease the pains of his sudden departure”, he added.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan