An okada rider and his passenger have been crushed to death in an accidentthat occured near the NNPC Mega Station area along Akure-Owo Expressway.
An eyewitness said the accident occured while the okada rider was attempting to avoid being hit by a truck when it swerved into another lane and an oncoming cat rammed into him.
He said, “The accident happened after seven o clock in the evening and the two people on the okada were killed”
Youths in the area however set the car ablaze.
Ondo Police Public Relations Officer of the state police command, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, who confirmed the incident said some arrests have been made in connection to the burning down of the car.
- INEC speaks on PVC safety as gunmen burn Anambra office
- Fuel scarcity: IPMAN assures petrol will be available in two weeks
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death