In the early hours of Saturday, one Mr. Segun Adewusi, who is the community security guard, had observed that some four boys were burning something suspected to be the human head in a local pot on the road.
It was gathered that the security guard immediately alerted the police at Adatan station, who went to the scene to get three of the boys arrested as one had fled before police arrived.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, has confirmed the incident.
A source, who confirmed the incident said the slain girl, identified as Rofiat, was a resident of Idi-Ape; she was a girlfriend to one Soliu, who is now in police net.
Soliu was said to have lured the girl to his room, where he held her down and asked one of his friends to slaughter her with a knife. READ ALSO:BREAKING….Kwara poly students are law abiding— Spokesman
“The arrested suspects were identified as 17-year-old Wariz Oladeinde from Kugba, 19-year-old Abdulgafar Lukman from Kugba and Mustakeem Balogun from Bode Olude, all in Abeokuta. Soliu was the boyfriend of the girl, he ran away, but was later arrested.
“They killed Rofiat, cut her head, packed the headless body in a sack and started burning the head in a pot. They told the police in the presence of a mammoth crowd that they wanted to use it for money ritual.
“The police have taken the body away to a mortuary,” a source told our correspondent on Saturday. READ ALSO: Burkina Faso’s new military leader gives first speech since first coup
In a video, Mustakeem Balogun, said, “We wanted to use just her head alone for money ritual. Soliu strangled her and he told me to assist him and we cut off her head.”
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter