Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has sworn in Transition Implementation Committees, TIC, for the state’s 16 Local Government Areas, with a charge that the TIC should clear backlog of salaries and pensions in the local governments within the shortest possible time.
Governor Ahmed who directed the committees to make financial prudence their watchword, advised them to prioritize low hanging infrastructure that will bring swift relief to the people. “In this regard, you are to avoid making unnecessary appointments, shun ostentation and avoid any conduct capable of calling your integrity into question”, he said.
The governor promised the state government’s support to the local government councils within available resources and guidance to see them through the difficult times.
According to the governor, when the report of the State Committee on Personnel Database Development is submitted, monthly recurrent expenditure at the local and state levels will reduce, thus freeing funds for infrastructural development.
Gov. Ahmed reminded the people of the state on the need to pay their taxes and levies regularly for the government to have funds required for the infrastructural development of the State, adding that tax defaulters would face the wrath of the law.
“Just as the welfare of citizens is obligatory on government, the payment of taxes is compulsory for all eligible individuals and businesses. You cannot expect to benefit from services provided by government from taxes and yet refuse to contribute to paying your tax”, the governor said.
According to Governor Ahmed, “Government at state and local government levels will, therefore, not hesitate to invoke the law to punish those found guilty of tax avoidance or evasion”.
Speaking on behalf of his colleagues, the Chairman, Ilorin South Local Government Transition Implementation Committee, Alhaji Isiaka Dan-maimoru promised that they will discharge their responsibilities with utmost commitment to the welfare of the people of their local councils.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling