The funeral prayer, conducted at the palace of the Emir of Kano at about 11a.m., was led by Imam Sani Muhammad.
The Imam prayed to Almighty Allah to forgive the sins of the deceased and grant him paradise.
The funeral prayer was attended by Senate President, Ahmad Lawal, Aviation Minister, Hadi Sirika, Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje and Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado-Bayero.
Others were Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum, Sen. Bukola Saraki, Director General, Department of State Services, Yusuf Magaji-Bichi, Alhaji
Aliko Dangote, Alhaji Abdussamad Isyaka-Rabiu, the Group Managing Director/CEO of KAM Holding, Dr. Kamoru Yusuf and other captains of industries from within outside the country, among others.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the deceased was buried at Sarari graveyard, where deceased members of Dantata family are buried.
Sheikh Tijjani Bala-Kalarawi, who led prayers after the burial, described the deceased as a humble, generous and nice gentleman during his lifetime.
He stressed the need for people to judge themselves based on their deeds everyday before going to bed, to enable them do more good deeds while alive. (NAN)
- Abuja-Kaduna train service resumes Dec. 5– FG
- Angry youths set ablaze Iree Oba’s Palace in Osun
- Oyetola left N76bn debt, says Osun Govt
- Gov Ademola frowns at delay in Nov salary, issues ultimatum
- Buhari says Govs are stealing local govt funds
- Kanye West gives Kim Kardashian huge divorce parting gift
- 2023: INEC takes delivery of last batch of PVCs in Edo
- Ex-VC, Prof. Magaji Garba sentenced to 35 years in prison
- Mavin Records’ “Overloading (Overdose)”, most trending 2022 YouTube music video
- Four feared dead in accident involving Gov. Fintiri’s convoy