Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has appointed 13 members of the Governing Council of the Lagos State University (LASU).
The Governor’s Special Adviser on Education, Tokunbo Wahab, made this known in a statement on Sunday said a former Lagos State Accountant General, Mr David Sunmoni, as chairman of the council, NAN reports.
Wahab said the appointment follows the recommended dissolution of the previous governing council of the university based on the report of the Special Visitation Panel on the appointment of the 9th Vice-Chancellor.
He gave the names of the members of the Council to include: Prof. Amuwo Shaffudeen, Mr Anuoluwa Eso, Mr Tolani Sule, Dr Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii, Mr Karl Toriola, and Mr Adekunle Soname.
Others include: Mrs Foluke Abdul- Rasaq, Mrs Moronke Williams, Adebayo Akinsanya, Mrs Adenike Fasheun, Mrs Mojisola Taiwo and Dr Hakeem Adetugbobo.
“Also, the governor has said that the date for the formal inauguration of the new governing council would be announced later,” the statement said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate