Sound Sultan, a renowned rapper, singer and songwriter died on Sunday at age 44 and was buried in the U.S. in accordance with Islamic injunctions.
Sanwo-Olu, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Gboyega Akosile, expressed shock over the death of the singer.
He said Fasasi’s demise was painful and a great loss to the deceased family, Nigerian music industry and the country as a whole.
The governor urged the deceased family, friends, associates, fans and the entertainment practitioners to take the death of Sound Sultan as an act of God.
”Sound Sultan’s death is painful. He was a bundle of talent who used his God-given gift to advance the course of mankind. His music, artistry and interest in sports were all donated at every point for the development of humanity.
”No doubt, the death of a loved one is usually painful because it is irreparable but we must always take solace in God, especially if the deceased had lived a good and fulfilled life, just like the late Olanrewaju Fasasi.
”He was a celebrated singer, comedian, rapper, songwriter and actor during his lifetime,” he said.
Sanwo-Olu said that Sound Sultan would be missed by his family, friends, fans and the Nigerian entertainment industry, as one of the pacesetters of modern hip hop music in Nigeria.
He said the musician was notable for using his music to speak against poverty, corruption, bad governance and societal ills in Nigeria.
The governor said his death had left a vacuum that would take some time to be filled.
”I sympathise with Sound Sultan’s widow, children, siblings, family, fans and colleagues.
”I pray that God will grant the late Olanrewaju Fasasi eternal rest and grant the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency