Nigerian pilgrim in Makkah, Saudi Arabia was reportedly arrested after he was spotted on a CCTV camera picking unidentified item on ground at the sacred place (Harami).
The pilgrim whose name was not mentioned was said to have been taken to yet to be identified place by the security operatives.
Speaking to the Voice of America on the development, Nigerian ambassador to Saudi Arabia Alhaji Sani Yunusa said the pilgrim was yet to be traced and thus warned others from picking anything within the holy place.
‘’Up till sunset I have tried to see him but I could not, where he is exactly that I do not know; we went round various police stations we couldn’t find him. So please our people should be sensitized not to pick anything they see within the sacred place for the sake of our reputation and integrity” he said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency