Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has approved the names of 12 nominees into the National Assembly Service Commission, NASC, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This is contained in a statement released by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu and made available to Senate correspondents in Abuja.
The nominees include Senator Joy Emordi (Anambra) who is being proposed as the Chairman, Nuhu Musa (Jigawa), Hon. Bilyaminu Yusuf Shinkafi (Kebbi), Barr. Femi Agge (Edo), Uthman Olakunle Taofeek (Lagos), Prince Adenekan Olateru-Olagbegi (Ondo) and Amb. Abdulazeez Sheikh Usman from Kwara State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Amb. Abdulazeez Sheik is the National President of Ilorin Emirate Descendant Progresssive Union, (IEDPU).
Others are Awalu Aliyu Ohindese from Kogi State, Henry Odey Adagba (Ebonyi), Dr. Rufus Omeire (Imo), Hon. Bilyamini Bunbot (Bauchi), and Ahmed Ashemi from Borno State.
The statement explainedt that the names of the nominees would be presented to President Muhammadu Buhari for appointment, in line with the provisions of Sections 3 and 4 of the National Assembly Commission Act, 2000.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community