Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has approved the names of 12 nominees into the National Assembly Service Commission, NASC, ROYAL NEWS has gathered.
This is contained in a statement released by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu and made available to Senate correspondents in Abuja.
The nominees include Senator Joy Emordi (Anambra) who is being proposed as the Chairman, Nuhu Musa (Jigawa), Hon. Bilyaminu Yusuf Shinkafi (Kebbi), Barr. Femi Agge (Edo), Uthman Olakunle Taofeek (Lagos), Prince Adenekan Olateru-Olagbegi (Ondo) and Amb. Abdulazeez Sheikh Usman from Kwara State.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Amb. Abdulazeez Sheik is the National President of Ilorin Emirate Descendant Progresssive Union, (IEDPU).
Others are Awalu Aliyu Ohindese from Kogi State, Henry Odey Adagba (Ebonyi), Dr. Rufus Omeire (Imo), Hon. Bilyamini Bunbot (Bauchi), and Ahmed Ashemi from Borno State.
The statement explainedt that the names of the nominees would be presented to President Muhammadu Buhari for appointment, in line with the provisions of Sections 3 and 4 of the National Assembly Commission Act, 2000.
- BREAKING… Kwara Governor rejoices with PDP over Appeal Court verdict
- BREAKING…. Appeal Court declares PDP winner of Ilorin South assembly elections
- EFCC arraigns former Finance Commissioner, Demola Banu today
- Adelabu floors Seyi Makinde at Appeal Court
- Suspected political thugs set Kogi SDP secretariat ablaze
- SERAP sends anti-Buhari open letter to Archbishop of Canterbury
- SAD…Ex-Petroleum Minister dies at 83
- BREAKING…President resigns after re-election
- Buhari rejoices with Kaigama over appointment
- See full names of newly promoted Army, Naval and Airforce Officers