The Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad, has described the ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal on Asset Declaration charge by the Senate President , Dr. Bukola Saraki, as victory for rule of law in Nigeria.
The Legislature under the leadership of the Speaker , Dr. Ali Ahmad made this observation while reacting to the ruling of the CCT .
In a statement that he personally signed and distributed by his Chief Press Secretary, Abdul Rahman Sanni, the Speaker said with the discharge and acquittal of the Senate President, the Judiciary had demonstrated its impartiality and independence by formally declaring an innocent man innocent.
The statement which called for strengthening of institutions in the war against corruption, said all arms of government must collaborate to make the nation triumph over the menace which has done incalculable damage to the psyche of the nation .
The Speaker equally called for improved relationship between the executive arm of government and the National Assembly in the task of making democracy more meaningful for the average Nigerian. “Trial in Nigeria is by the judge, it is neither by the jury nor by the media”, the Speaker declared. He advised federal prosecutors to try to convince only the judges, rather than securing headlines in the media.
The legislator also enjoined the hierarchy of the ruling All Progressives Party (APC) to ensure cohesion in the party to enable the it deliver its electoral promises and further reinforce Nigerians’ confidence in the ability of the party to lead the country out of economic doldrums.
The statement which also urged the Senate President to see the tribulations as a means of rededicating himself towards serving the nation and the common man, expressed confidence that the nation would benefit tremendously from his wealth of experience in leading the nation to the promised land. He commended the Senate President for refusing to be distracted from performing his duties while astutely defending himself.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections