Senate President Bukola Saraki has been commended for his commitment to the promotion of peaceful coexistence among religions’ adherents in Kwara State.
The Chairman ABS Hajj, Umrah and Jerusalem Special Committee, Hon. Justice Idris Haroon, stated this in statement issued on Thursday in the state capital.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Haroon, who is also a former Grand Khadi, Sharia court of Appeal expressed the gratitude of the interfaith family of Kwara State to the Senate President describing him ‘a promise keeper.’
According to him “The show of gratitude was a reaction to the approval he gave the committee to kick-start the process of sponsoring Christians to the Holy land of Jerusalem in the 2018 Christian pilgrimage exercise.
“This laudable gesture is following a successful extension of similar gesture to the Islamic faithful early in the year.
“ The Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Ilorin, Bishop Ayo Maria Atoyebi; the Arch bishop of Anglican Communion, Kwara Province, Most Revd. Dr. Olusegun A. Adeyemi; the Church District Superintendent of the United Missionary Church of Africa (UMCA) Tsaragi District, Rev. Elijah Saba Audu; the President of Kwara Baptist conference, Rev. Dr. Victor Dadal also appreciated him.
“Others are the Chairman Church leaders and Ministers Fellowship, Rev. Emmanuel Olujide Adeosun; Prophet Michael Olaosebikan Adio of Christ Apostolic Church, Alabukun; the Secretary of the Cherubim and Seraphim Movement Church, Ilorin District Headquarters, Special Apostle Samuel Ibidoja including the Secretary to the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Kwara State Chapter, Rev. Dr. Femi Adetunji and Dr. John Sunday Owoeye of the Evangelical Church Winning All (ECWA) for sponsoring Christian faithfuls to the holy land for special prayers for the peace and progress of the nation.”
- Everton fires Manager, Marco Silva
- Nigeria will soon be self-sufficient in rice production— Minister
- Minister launches NAVSA, to create 6million jobs in 10yrs
- Committee of CMDs raises alarm over impending problems
- When will Gov. Abdulrazaq present 2020 budget?
- Senate to IGP: Reduce checkpoints on federal highways
- Atiku decries $100bn annual foreign school fees by wealthy Nigerians
- Senate passes 2020 budget,raises estimates to N10.594trn
- Kano Assembly finally passes bill of new emirates creation into law
- SAD…Obasanjo’s Ex-Special Adviser on women affairs dies at 73