The Senate President Bukola Saraki has held an important meeting with Governorship aspirants on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara state on Monday Night.
According to report, the Presidential aspirant admonished the governorship hopefuls to ensure that they conduct their campaigns in the builds up to the primary election in orderly manner.
The meeting which was held behind closed doors at the home of the senate president in Ilorin, the state capital, began at about 10.20pm.
Although the details of the meeting is still sketchy, it is believed that about nine aspirants graced the meeting.
The aspirants who attended the meeting include Dr Ali Ahmad, Honestly Razak Atunwa, Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi,Senator Mohammed Sha’aba Lafiagi, Alhaji Ladi Hassan, Hon. Ahman Pategi, Alhaji Saka Isau (SAN), Prof Sulaiman Abubakar and Alhaji Mohammed Ibrahim Ajia. The only aspirant absent at the meeting was Hon. Zakari Mohammed.
Senator Sha’aba Lafiagi, while speaking to reporters at the end of the meeting, said it was convened to ensure peace as a family group, adding that contestants agreed to ensure a transparent race during the primaries.
“The meeting was all about bringing the family together. It is only normal that at a time like this the leader of the family meets with us to keep peace and ensure that all went well.
“We agree to respect the outcome of the primaries, to ensure that we remain friends after and ensure peace. We will surely accept whoever emerges. The intention is that the contest should be free, fair as much as possible. Whoever emerges we will all line up behind him and we will remain members of the family.
“I don’t know about consensus, time will tell but for now everyone is preparing to enter the contest but I don’t rule out possibilities of consensus arrangement. Along the line we may consider that as a family. We don’t need to sign an undertaking because as I told you we are members of the same family.” He said.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation