The President of the Senate, Dr Bukola Saraki, has expressed shock over the death of the former Governor of Niger State, Abdulkadir Kure.
In a statement signed by Bamikole Omisore, Special Assistant (New Media) to the Senate President, Saraki described Kure as a man who sacrificed all he had for nation building.
He said that the death of Kure had left a vacuum that could not be easily filled.
“I received the shocking news of the demise of a political Icon, Engr Abdulkadir Kure, his demise no doubt leaves a vacuum that cannot be easily filled, “he said.
He said that the late Kure was an inspiration for many, especially the downtrodden, adding that his memory and legacy would linger on till eternity.
The Senate President also commiserated with the family of the late Kure, most especially his Wife, Sen. Zainab Kure, who had also served the country as a Senator.
Saraki urged the former Senator to take heart and accept the will of God over the shocking death of her husband.
He prayed Allah to grant the departed soul Al-Jannah Firdaus (the best abode in Paradise).
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants