Senate President, Dr.Bukola Saraki has lamented over carnage in Zamfara communities state where scores of people were killed. Read also: AIT reporter, pregnant wife, 3 kids perish in auto crash
He said, the Senate was getting tired of one minute silence often observed in honour of the dead in Nigeria.
In his apparent abhorrence to incidences of killing across the nation and lately, in Zamfara communities, he noted that the ugly trend must not continue.
Reacting to a motion sponsored by Senator Tijjani Kaura representing Zamfara North Senatorial district, Saraki posited that drastic measures must be taken to forstall further killing of innocent citizens anywhere in Nigeria. Read also: APC must address pervasive hunger— Yakubu Gobir
‘Distinguished Colleagues, I must say therefore, that we are tired of observing one minute silence for the dead in this chambers.”
“How long do we continue? Something must be done. Enough to these killings”, he insisted. Read also: JAMB postpones sale of 2018 application documents
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor
- Housewife, 20, arrested for allegedly killing her co-wife with pestle in Bauchi
- Buhari’s in-law, Sha’aban resigns from APC
- Unilorin ASUU protest alleged casualisation of intellectual workers
- Tinubu will run an all-inclusive government, says PCC
- London museum returns looted Benin bronzes to Nigeria
- Fire guts 150 shops in Kachako Market in Kano State
- 2023 Election: INEC won’t allow PVC collection by proxy