Senate President, Dr.Bukola Saraki has lamented over carnage in Zamfara communities state where scores of people were killed. Read also: AIT reporter, pregnant wife, 3 kids perish in auto crash
He said, the Senate was getting tired of one minute silence often observed in honour of the dead in Nigeria.
In his apparent abhorrence to incidences of killing across the nation and lately, in Zamfara communities, he noted that the ugly trend must not continue.
Reacting to a motion sponsored by Senator Tijjani Kaura representing Zamfara North Senatorial district, Saraki posited that drastic measures must be taken to forstall further killing of innocent citizens anywhere in Nigeria. Read also: APC must address pervasive hunger— Yakubu Gobir
‘Distinguished Colleagues, I must say therefore, that we are tired of observing one minute silence for the dead in this chambers.”
“How long do we continue? Something must be done. Enough to these killings”, he insisted. Read also: JAMB postpones sale of 2018 application documents
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Zamfara Gov, Bello Matawalle urges traditional rulers to tackle insecurity
- 2023: Kogi delegates shock Ameachi after requesting Yahaya Bello to stepdown ambition
- KWACCIMA collaborates with EFCC for corrupt-free business environment
- NCoS Controller advises officers to show good character, be dedicated
- Education, short road to peace, freedom—NIREC
- Cultist suspect who killed to gain promotion, women, others remanded in prison
- Don’t hold rallies in Abia, IPOB warns APC aspirant
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement on Okada ban
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents