Saraki Employment and Empowerment Centre (SEEC) reiterated commitment towards promoting excellence as well as developing human capital among youths.
The Project Manager of the group, Mr, Yinka Adekeye, stated this on Tuesday while addressing journalists in Ilorin the Kwara State capital.
He noted that arrangements have been concluded to celebrate a total number of 71 first class graduates of Kwara State origin with grand-reception.
According to him, “We have the pleasure to announce that Kwara State produced 71 First Class graduates in the 2015/2016 academic sessions from public and private universities across Nigeria, including Universities of Lagos, Ilorin, Ibadan, Obafemi Awolowo University; Ahmadu Bello University, Federal University, Mina, Kwara State University, Covenant, Bowen and Afe Babalola University, to mention just a few.
“Of the total figure of 71, Ilorin West Local Government Area (LGA) came top with 18 first class graduates in the academic sessions. This is followed by Ifelodun, 12; Irepodun, 9; Offa 7; Ilorin East and Isin, 5 each; Ekiti, Asa and Oyun, 3 each; Moro, 2; Baruten, Edu, Ilorin South, Oke-Ero with 1 first class graduate each.”
Mr. Adekeye who was supported at the event by the Project Consultant, Mr. Nasiru AbdulQodir, added that, “Kwara produced 11 first class graduates in mathematics, followed by 6 in Economics; 5 in Biochemistry; 4 in Civil Engineering; 3 in Computer Science, Statistics and Microbiology among others. We believe that this is by all standard a feat that is worthy of celebrations.
“It is in the light of this that the Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has lined up a number of activities to celebrate these scholars for their outstanding performances and for being true ambassadors of their home state, Kwara.
“We therefore wish to inform you that the Senate President, Senator (Dr.) Abubakar Bukola Saraki will be hosting the Kwara scholars and their parents to a grand dinner on Sunday 18th December, 2016 in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital.”
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the Senate President will at the event; announce scholarships to each of the scholars in appreciation of their extraordinary performances and as a further demonstration of his belief that the pursuit of excellence is the hallmark of human capital development.
“In the same vein, on Monday, 19th December, 2016, the Scholars will be attending a mentoring session where they will be inspiring select students of both public and private schools across Kwara state with their stories of exceptional performances.
“The rationale behind this session is not only to encourage the pursuit of excellence but also to inspire the future generations of Kwarans to greatness. We therefore cordially invite you and your colleagues to these epochal events, Adekeye added.
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children