When the confirmation of the nominees was put to a voice vote by Saraki during Tuesday’s plenary, the “nays” were more than the “ayes” but the Senate President ruled that the “ayes” had it.
This happened some few minutes after the lawmakers rejected the President’s request for legislative approval for his $30bn external borrowing plan.
Two nominees had rejected their nomination while governors have decried their non-involvement in Buhari’s appointments.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules